Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Fujifilm X-Pro2 on Wheels

I just received my X-Pro 2, and these are my brief initial impressions. As with anything new, it takes time to build familiarity and I'm sure some of these opinions will change or modify as I work more with the camera and get settled in. For now, these are simply observations.

The Build

The X-Pro 2 is a big camera compared to what Fuji has been giving us. It's similar in size to my Leica M240, but far lighter. I had read much about the magnesium body, and expected the camera to be heavier than it is. I also expected it to be smaller than it is.
It fits pretty well in hand, and although the button layout is very convenient, in use the buttons feel very far apart—even with my big hands, moving my thumb down to the focus stick felt like a distance. That's probably just muscle memory from the X100s and X-E1 and will undoubtedly feel different with time. However, I expect it also might be an issue with adjusting to the weight of the camera. Moving the thumb down requires adjusting the hold on the camera, and likely that is what making the buttons seem far apart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment